In 2015, the very proactive Little Dewchurch Social Committee (LDSC) was formed (not to be confused with the Church Social Committee which organises wonderful public events within their own relevant domains).
The LDSC comprises a fun group of volunteers who organise village events throughout the year and their aim is purely to create enjoyable, community-spirited events which bring parishioners together for either free or minimal entry fee. Annually they’ve organised events such as:
- St George’s Day Country Dancing in Spring
- Fun Day on the Green in August
- Ceilidh in Autumn,
- Bonfire Night in November
- Festive Singing Evening in December
Any funds raised through the events are spent on parish needs, at time of writing, LDSC has purchased/created/donated the following:
- Community Defibrillator housed in a climate controlled cabinet (fitted under the porch of the Village Hall)
- External CCTV for the Village Hall
- Dog Zone (a fenced area adjacent to the playing field where dog walkers can exercise their dogs off-lead away from livestock and the danger of vehicles on the local narrow lanes)
- Charitable donation to the parish Youth Club
- Charitable donation to the parish Over 60’s Club
If you’d like to join the LDSC, help with any events or have suggestions for future events, please contact the Chairman, Meg Bailey, on 01432 840538.